Monday, June 26, 2006

The longest undefended border in the world 2

My good buddy and fellow traveler, Congressman ‘Big’ John Hostettler from the great state of Indiana, has said in regards to Canada, “we do not want to have to worry about a neighbour that has a very different attitude than we do about terrorism.” Well right the red, white and blue heck on, John. Neither do we Canadians!

I think we can all agree that terrorism is bad. I’m sure that even your average terrorist would agree that terrorism is bad, which is why they use it as a tactic. Where we have to be careful is in the hunt for terrorists. You know as well as I do that the last thing we want is to sink to the level of a terrorist. We do not want to harm the innocent, as the terrorists do, in any way shape or form. Canadians believe, as do you in the US, in the rule of law; innocent until proven guilty. Naturally it goes without saying that the US government, just like the Canadian government, would never lie to an innocent man so that he would enter the United States where he would be arrested and sent to a third country where he would be tortured, right John? That would just be wrong in every way that an honest person could imagine. Of course it would also be playing into the hands of the terrorists in that you would have allowed them to change your naturally decent behaviour.

I was also considering what you said regarding the Canada/US border if there were another 9/11 type attack in the US. Right you are, buddy, shut ‘er down! Plug it up tighter than a cheese stuffed dog! None of that nonsense like last time when all planes in US airspace were diverted to Canada where they landed in airports all across this country and where thousands of US citizens were taken into Canadian homes and treated as guests who’s home country had just had a horrible trauma inflicted on it. I mean, what was that all about? I found your concern for we Canadians touching. As you remember, on 9/11 nobody really knew what was going on. Four airliners hijacked and used as weapons to murder thousands. Four that we knew of, that is. For all that anybody knew at the time, there could have been another four planes in the air with the same intent, and we Canadians were well aware of the possibility that the planes diverted to Canada could have taken on Canadian targets. Of course that is just the sort of chance that friends sometimes take for one another in extraordinary circumstances. Thanks for the thought, John.

As I said last time, John, I’ve begun keeping my eyes open for any Islamic terrorist activity in the local area. As far as I can tell it’s been quiet so far but unfortunately I haven’t had much time to devote to it yet. The weather’s been kind of spotty and I spent my last days off work working in the backyard. At one point up at the dump where I was getting rid of some glass bottles and cardboard boxes that had been cluttering up the house, I thought I spotted some Islamic terrorists (they looked pretty shifty to me) but I’m not sure, being new at this and all. I grabbed a picture though and you can deal with it as you see fit.

Anyway… Humouroceros



Beware: Suspected Extremists!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home