Tuesday, September 12, 2006

DVDs Gone Wild

The latest DVD Star Wars were released recently. These are the “original theatrical releases” for those who couldn’t handle the Special Edition versions that were released on DVD last year. Here’s my problem; why weren’t these versions released on the same DVDs as the Special Editions were? I know it’s possible because the recent releases have both the Original and the Special Editions in the same package. One really hates to think that good old George Lucas is trying to rip off the fans of his movies, but it sure looks like it. Isn’t the man rich enough?

While I was in my favorite entertainment and electronics store looking at the Star Wars stuff I notice that there is another “Extended Edition” of the Lord Of The Rings. These DVDs have some new special features personally approved by Peter Jackson. Peter Jackson, who should actually be out working on The Hobbit is spending his time personally approving special features for DVDs? Newsflash, Pete: I have already bought my copies of the Extended Editions and I will not be spending any more money on these movies.

Anyway… Humouroceros