Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2010 Olympic mascots

So the Olympic mascots for the 2010 Winter Olympics in British Columbia have been introduced to the public and gosh but isn't it an exciting time to be alive. Three little fellows, representing the diversity of this province we call British Columbia. Cartoons of First Nation style characters, drawn in the style of a Japanese bubble-gum wrapper, and if that's not diversity I don't know what is. I am forced to admit though that I don't think that these cute little guys truly represent just what the Olympics is going to mean to our province. Now I know it's too late but I have cobbled together the following picture, and I hope that the Vancouver Olympic Committee will consider making a new character and adding it as a side-kick or something. As you can see it is money being burned. Millions and millions of dollars just going up in smoke. I figure that the guy roaming the streets wearing this could be surrounded by weeping children, representing a future of debt lasting generations. I don't know how this sort of costume could be made but there are smarter people than me out there and I have faith that they can figure it out.
Anyway... Humouroceros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home