Monday, March 12, 2007

My little bit of rebellion

Everybody gets unsolicited mail from realtors and banks and credit card companies and whatever all else, and the way I have decided to deal with this unwanted stuff is to send it back. It would probably make more sense time and green-wise to just toss it into the recycling, but I have personally opted not to go that route. If there’s a little bit of dumb stuff to be done, I’m your man.

Whenever I get something with a self-addressed stamped envelope inside, I remove any references to my own name and address. Then I cut up everything to fit and stuff it in the envelope and mail it off home. I know I’m not the only person to do this, but I have heard stories of people doing it and adding used tissue or Q-tips to the mix and frankly I don’t understand doing that. I figure that the people who are opening these envelopes are probably not earning in the $70 - $80 K range and are, in fact, probably minimum wage earners. I’m out to mess around with the companies involved, not the low wage earners who work there. But that’s just me.

It was either Thomas Jefferson or Vladimir Lenin (or somebody else like that) who said (and I’m paraphrasing here), “a little bit of rebellion is a good thing.” Yeah!

Anyway… Humouroceros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home