Sunday, February 14, 2010

The 2010 olympic Torch

This is the design of the 2010 olympic torch, carried by thousands of Canadians (and some rather dubious "celebrities") in the most recent torch run. I was confused by the choice of Steven Nash in the final five though. Sure, buddy could have carried it before that, maybe handing it off to Gov. Arnold Sshwarzenegger or something (so the Gov. could run off to smoke a nice Cuban stogie), but shouldn't the final five have all been Canadian Olympians? Where the heck was Donovan Bailey? Nancy Greene was a good choice as were Wayne Gretzky and Catriona Le May Doan and seeing Rick Hansen was, as always, inspiring, but Steve Nash? Don't get me wrong, Steven Nash is an amazing individual who probably gets more good stuff done in the morning before your average nimrod, me for example, manages to even get out of bed. Good stuff, but why not a member of the women's olympic hockey team?


Oddly enough, the "final five" were not what I really wanted to comment on just now. I was looking at the design of the olympic torch (which, by the way, the torch runners could buy for $349.00 plus tax and I wonder who is making money on that deal) and the first thing to strike me was, is someone making a joke here? Is it just me or is that particular design ideal for whacking baby seals?


Just wondering.


Anyway... Humouroceros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home