Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Yankees

I was talking to some associates from south of the 49th a while back and I accidentally let the Y-word slip ("yanks"). At first I was hoping that they would pretend it hadn't happened, but no, those boys were too sharp for that. "What did you call me?" my buddy Dave from Waco, Texas asked.

"Um," I Canadianized, "I called you a 'yank'. Why, was that wrong?"

"Well lemme tell ya," he explained without pulling out his gun, "these two fellas are from New York and Washington. They're 'yanks'. I'm from the south, and I am not a 'yank'. Comprendo?"

Time to set the story straight I figured. "Here's the deal, Dave. You guys are all from south of the 49th. You are all 'yanks'. And that includes Hawaii and Alaska."

Dave thought about it for a bit. "Well, okay," he said. "But to be honest those two fellas are 'damn-yankees' anyways. I guess when I'm in Canada I can be a 'yank'."

Wham! Another blow for international understanding but to be honest when you are dealing with someone like Dave (from Waco), that man is flat-out cool and I'm proud to know him.

Anyway... Humouroceros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home