Thursday, May 14, 2009

Build your own birdhouse


The above is an ad from a local hardware store for a build it yourself birdhouse where you can go online to get the actual plans. Take a quick look at the materials list and see if you can make it come to $50 to build this little beauty. A friend of mine uses scrap wood to build birdhouses and they come to about $0 each (not counting his time, of course.) I notice that the birds are quite happy to use this low-cost housing so why someone would pay $50+ to make a birdhouse is beyond me. Takes all kinds, I suppose.

Anyway... Humouroceros

PS: I have been told that it is a bad idea to have a perch on a birdhouse since this just allows predator birds to sit there and try to eat whatever is inside. I suppose you could say it makes a birdhouse into a bird-buffet. If you were inclined to say things like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home