Friday, March 27, 2009

Harry Potter vs religious loonies

The religious loonies have long been against the Harry Potter series of books because they, apparently, will cause the youth of today to turn to.... EVIL!!!! Yeah, I laugh at it too, but this sort of silliness has been going on for a lot of years now. I have been ignoring it, mainly because I do ignore anything said by dumb people, but then I found this comic on the internet called "The Nervous Witch" by Jack T. Chick (who is probably not crazier than a hammer wearing a pink dress) and frankly, it turned me away from my wicked ways. Yes, I have read the Harry Potter series, twice, and I could feel the evil (sorry) the EVIL working it's way into my inner bits, except for the 'tarot cards' and the 'ouija' board things, which are not in the books. JC, if I can call him that since he reminds me so much of that other 'JC" (and I don't mean Johnny Carson), has pranced out into the lead of the anti-Harry Potter crowd with this comic, or 'tract'. The points he has to make are so blunt and clear that for me to point them out would only be redumbdant, and I don't want to be that, oh no. So thanks there Chick. I'm on it.

Anyway... Humouroceros

PS: Here are some screen shots from "The Nervous Witch"

Here is the evil mom driving home. Notice how she doesn't care about other people on the road and is selfishly talking on her cell-phone as she drives. I guess if a few accidents have to happen so she can talk on the phone while driving then that is just how it will have to be.

Here is Uncle Bob getting all weak-kneed and giddy at the thought of millions of children burning in Hell. I have to wonder just what sort of evil god Bob worships that would send children to Hell for reading a book, or even a series of books. You go Bob. I don't think I would let any kids of mine spend any time alone with this guy.

Big thanks to Chick since I used these pictures from his 'tract'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home