Saturday, March 21, 2009

Evolution 101

I have heard it said that some folks who don’t believe in the theory of evolution use the argument, “if we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?” The smarter cousin to this question is, “if I came from my parents, why do I still have parents?” The point is that nobody who actually has the slightest understanding of the theory of evolution would ever say that humans evolved from apes. Apes and humans (or ‘humans and apes’ if you prefer) both evolved from a common ancestor, thus making us distant cousins. I have heard that some televangelists saying they didn’t come from no monkey, and I have to agree. Televangelists are closer related to lizards than they are to mammals.

I just figured we should get that straight. You know, just eliminating the arguments. I am, after all, Canadian.

Anyway… Humouroceros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home