Friday, March 06, 2009

Wuz 'rong wit' dat?

The Mayor of Los Alamitos, California, Dean Grose, has resigned as Mayor and as a city council member due to what can best be described as stupidity-related issues. Mister Grose, the newly crowned ‘King-of-dumb’, decided that it would just be the funniest thing to send out an e-mail showing the White House lawn covered with watermelons and the caption, “No Easter egg hunt this year”. Ho ho ho, now there’s some funny stuff, if one were a bigot piece of garbage that is.

Of course Deano the Dimbulb says he didn’t know this was a racist sort of deal, and I have to admit that to some the imagery may be subtle. Let’s see, the first black President in United States history, the White House lawn covered in watermelons, hmmm… Yeah, that’s racist. Now Dean says he didn’t see it as racist, that he just thought it was a funny picture and caption and as a joke, and that he didn’t mean for it to be offensive. Far be it from me to call Dean a lying pile of steaming manure, but I have to wonder where the “joke” or the “funny” is, beyond the racist aspect I mean. I suppose we could give Dean the benefit of the doubt and it may be that Dean was just amused by the thought that to him watermelons look like giant Easter eggs, and he thought it would be funny because kids wouldn’t be able to find the smaller eggs because they would be hidden in amongst the bigger “Easter eggs” (ie: the watermelons). Yeah, of course in that case I think that it could be scientifically proven that Dean is, in fact, dumber than a sack of hammers.

Dean has been in contact with the Orange County Human Relations Commission “to acquire greater sensitivity”, and since common sense also seems to be in short supply between Dean’s ears this is probably a good start. I hope I’m not being too forward in suggesting that Dean also consider reentering the public primary school system, at about the Kindergarden level, and maybe he should pay attention this time. Good luck there Dean.

Anyway… Humouroceros

PS: I would have shown the postcard but I don’t really see any reason why I should spread that sort of stuff around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home