Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Religioustupidity

When it comes to being hopelessly unaware it is hard to beat the houses of the holy. That crowd say and do things that would embarrass a chainsmoking dung-tucker, and still have the high opinion of themselves that only the totally oblivious can maintain. I was driving home the other week and I noticed the following sign in front of a local church:



Finally, I thought to myself, a church sign I can agree with! It would seem that this particular church and I both believe that churches are drains on society and it is high time that churches start paying land and income taxes. Honestly that is not an opinion that I ever expected to see coming from a church. Refreshing. Now if only the Catholic church would admit that molesting children was wrong.

Anyway, I stopped and took the picture, then when getting back into my vehicle I noticed the following sign outside another church across the road:



This was the day after Mothers Day so take a close look at the sign out front there. Is there any way for that sign to be more offensive? Nothing I can think of off-hand, but somehow I think that if the type of person who would put out something like this really put their mind to it, they could come up with something.

Anyway... Humouroceros

1 Comments:

Blogger Bandersnatchi said...

I heartily concur, and congratulate you on a nifty turn-of-phrase:

"That crowd say and do things that would embarrass a chainsmoking dung-tucker, and still have the high opinion of themselves that only the totally oblivious can maintain."

Bander

10:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home